setup vpn PPTP and ikev2 for Windows 8 | setup vpn PPTP, IKEv2 on Windows
how to setup PPTP or IKev2 for windows
1- Go to “Start” and click on the “Control Panel”.
– Click on “Network and Internet” – if you do not see such icon, skip to next step
– Click on “Network and Sharing Center” and then on “View network status and tasks” link
– Now click on the “Set up a new connection or network”.
2 – Click on the “Connect to a workplace” selection and then click on “Next”.
3- Click on “Use my Internet connection (VPN)” to create the VPN connection.
4 – Under “Internet address” you should enter the server host name which needs to match the location that you have purchased.
– Note: Please take a look at the bottom of the page to see the list of IP address.
– Add any name that you want in the “Destination name:” field, we recommend something that can help you quickly indentify the connection.
– Make sure that “Remember my credentials” is checked like on the picture and click on “Create”.
5- Click on the “Connections” icon near your system clock in the bottom right corner.
6- Right click on the connection you have just created and then click on “Properties”
7- You need to go to “Security” tab and select the same options Type of VPN : “Automatic” OR “PPTP” OR ” Ikev2″
Data encryption: “Require encryption”
8- Click on the “Connections” icon near your system clock in the bottom right corner just like in step 5.
– Now click on the “Connect” button and you will be asked your username and password.
– Enter the username and password that you got in the email after the purchase.
– After you enter the login details (which will be saved) click on “OK” button to connect.
– You should see a similar screen indicating that you have been connected.
* Make sure that your security software (like antivirus and firewall) is set to allow the VPN connection.
1- Your windows firewall must be OFF! (Control Panel>Windows Firewall).
2- Make sure your other security software (like antivirus) allowed to VPN.
3- Vista & Seven users: Please disable UAC before installing VPN: Open up Control Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You’ll see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”:
4- You should try both protocols PPTP and Ikev2 to find out which protocol could work for you.